DescriptionAbout Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc.
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, DouglasTM, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
Efficiently plan and execute truck load, LTL, and intermodal shipments of vehicles to customers, hub locations, branches, and distributor/dealers in support of Textron Specialized Vehicles logistics, financial and customer service goals. Use Transportation Management System (TMS) and Warehouse Management System (WMS) to maximize efficient use of outbound conveyances. Communicate planning, shipping, and delivery information to internal and external customers.
- Assist with the efficient processing of inbound and outbound freight invoices
- Assist in the assignment of harmonized tariff classifications and country of origin when applicable
- Assist with import/export data gathering for the purposes of filing for Duty Drawback funds
- Liaise with customs brokers, carriers, and suppliers to prevent or resolve import/export delays
- Document and enforce logistics and compliance policies and procedure
- Point of contact with all internal and external customers
- Plan shipments of domestic and international finished goods; complete all export paperwork required for international shipments
- Optimize the use of all available resources by ensuring trailers and containers are cubed efficiently and by coordinating available backhauls of used vehicles
- Manage overall carrier relationships and secure appropriate number of carriers to support shipment volume
- Ensure on-time and complete deliveries; communicate shipment activity to internal and external customers
- Route outbound shipments to maximize freight revenue and cost savings
- Represent Logistics in meetings with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Production Control to communicate and ensure timely availability of product
- Coordinate schedules, crating requirements, and shipment preparation with Logistics warehouse and shipping personnel
- Provide daily updates in sufficient detail to all internal stakeholders as required
- Cross functional experience in marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, sales, or logistics a plus
- Experience with logistical software systems such as TMS & WMS a plus
- Experience with JBA and/or SAP is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills required
- Must function well under pressure
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills are required (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
Bachelor’s Degree focused in Business Management, Logistics, Finance, Accounting, Sales & Marketing or related work experience required.
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Direct Reports: None
Travel Requirements: 10 – 15%
Relocation Benefits: Yes
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field: Supply Chain
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Thief River Falls
Recruiting Company: Textron Specialized Vehicles