DescriptionAbout Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc.
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, DouglasTM, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
Serve as subject matter expert, guide and assist respective business unit in the achievement of their individual safety and environmental goals, objectives and targets.
- Develop and drive the implementation of leading/proactive indicators /metrics
- Develop and drive the implementation strategy to reduce cost associated with job related injury and illness and regulatory compliance.
- Examine the work environment for various physical, chemical, biological and environmental hazards/stresses.
- Define corrective actions that reduce stresses that impair health and ability of worker efficiency
- Direct the evaluation of areas for hazards and make recommendations for improvement or protective equipment requirements.
- Interprets OSHA standards/regulations and maintains cooperative relationship with OSHA.
- Develop & conduct health and safety training courses for supervisors and employees as needed.
- Assist in the investigation of safety and health complaints and incidents
- Provide technical expertise & assistance to Facilities and Equipment Engineering groups in the design of protective equipment for uses on processes and machinery: and where necessary, redesign equipment to eliminate/reduce safety and health hazards.
- Provide technical expertise to the business unit regarding day-to-day process operations, process changes and /or relocations, new processes, new products, new technology, new facilities and/or equipment and interaction with contract personnel.
- Coordinate as required for the assigned business unit all activities involving outside regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Implement necessary controls to ensure compliance with current environmental regulations
- Analyze proposed and/or final regulations for impacts to manufacturing operations that could require substantial capital expenditures or compliance challenges.
- Represent respected business unit before federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Make written and/or oral presentations as to respected business unit’s position or status.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual reports to federal, state, local and corporate offices as required.
- Consult other members of EHS and other departments on technical environmental issues and matters pertaining to pollution prevention, pollution control and abatement matters as required.
- Obtain permits for respected business unit's operations and maintain all associated records, reports and files.
- Review facility plans, new processes and equipment drawings for impact on the environment, other business unit processes/operations and for conformity with existing and proposed government requirements and business unit’s objectives.
- Maintains the business unit's Environmental Policy documents and introduces new ones as changes dictate.
- Conduct environmental compliance audits and regulatory applicability reviews.
- Own the compliance program and strive for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- 0-3 Years Safety or Environmental Experience
- Able to work well in a team environment, detail oriented, and strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge in environmental key programs (Air compliance (CAA), Waste Management (RCRA), Water Pollution (CWA), SPCC and TRI)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Demonstrate competencies in: Motivating others, Personal Learning, Action Oriented, Drive for Results, Informing, Customer Focus, Time Management, Integrity/Trust, Perseverance
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, Occupational Safety or related field
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION PREFERENCES:
ASP, CSP or CEP Preferred
Direct Reports: None
Travel Requirements: 0 - 25%
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field: Environmental, Health & Safety
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Thief River Falls
Recruiting Company: Textron Specialized Vehicles