DescriptionTextron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUGTM, DouglasTM, PremierTM and SafeaeroTM brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
SUMMARY: This individual will be focused on reducing material cost savings through leading the implementation of new projects, identifying new cost out opportunities and supporting strategic sourcing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive VAVE projects that reduce the cost of goods sold (design, procurement or manufacture process) and/or improve product quality.
- Assume project ownership through concept, design, planning, tooling, development, testing, evaluation, and implementation processes.
- This position must work closely with new product engineering design teams, manufacturing, procurement, quality, testing, accounting, and suppliers.
- Give periodic updates to the cost reduction team and others as needed.
- Conduct design reviews with project team members and suppliers as appropriate.
- Work with design teams on project alignment, and introduce them to the latest materials and technologies.
- Assist service with parts books, service manuals, and kits as required.
- Lead workshops to generate new VAVE ideas.
- Occasional travel to our other manufacturing facilities, suppliers, and training are expected. Total travel will be less than 10% of the time.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Strong knowledge of engines, mechatronics and/or vehicle/chassis design.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and controls.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in various computer software programs: SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word and Project.
- Proficient with CAD, preferably Autodesk Inventor and Team Center PLM
- Possess high level of understanding of engineering concepts and practices, incl. GD&T.
- Handles data confidentially.
- Must have project management skills and ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Ability to take initiative on developing creative and innovative methods to achieve program goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing preferred) required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Thief River Falls
Recruiting Company: Textron Specialized Vehicles