DescriptionAbout Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc.
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, DouglasTM, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
A Mechanical Engineer is responsible for a broad range of mechanical engineering and multi-disciplinary tasks. Typical assignments will include mechanical design, analysis, and integration at the system and component level.
- Contribute to the development of complex systems while working collaboratively across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Reading and interpreting engineering specifications.
- Structural design, analysis, and optimization.
- Detailed design and technical drawings of systems, components, and interfaces.
- Technical input into vehicle level and sub-system trades.
- Engineering support of development testing.
- Engineering support for manufacturing.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Support technical reviews, including direct interaction with customers.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Working knowledge of CAD modeling using a major 3D software package (e.g., SolidWorks, ProE, UG-NX, or CATIA).
- Knowledge of vehicle systems, suspension, component design, powertrain component design (gearboxes, differentials, and transmissions), chassis design (tube frame, monocoque), and vehicle dynamics is desired.
- Ability to apply GD&T to components and assemblies per ASME Y14.5-1994.
- Experience performing structural, and/or thermal analysis using FEA software.
- Exposure to and familiarity with prototype and low-volume manufacturing techniques including machining, casting, forging, and general fabrication.
- Must be a generalist with involvement in systems-level design and experience working in a cross-functional engineering team.
- Aptitude for interacting confidently with engineers, project managers, and customers.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to quality, timeliness, awareness of budget constraints, and other programmatic considerations.
- Comfortable working to highly accelerated program timelines and committed to meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering and manufacturing staff, internal and external to the organization.
- Experience using MS Office software.
- Knowledge of ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9000 or equivalent quality system is desired.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required from accredited 4-year program.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Thief River Falls
Recruiting Company: Textron Specialized Vehicles