DescriptionAbout Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc.
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, DouglasTM, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
Support Lead Project Engineers in the development and integration of electrical systems and electrical components into vehicles.
- Design and development of various electrical systems and controllers. These include motors, controllers, switches, relays, wire harnesses, electronic displays, and lighting.
- Some electrical design will also be required for integration and system development of electro-mechanical systems.
- Assist in design and documentation of vehicle electrical architecture.
- Review of existing supplier circuit designs for quality and cost to eliminate potential quality issues and identify potential cost savings.
- Develop Project Timelines in support of Program milestones.
- Revise/review and create Functional Specifications.
- Revise/review and create Engineering Design Standards.
- Conduct DFMEA and create test and analysis plans for Product Validation.
- Perform Tolerance Studies on Components and Assemblies.
- Development and Release of Engineering Component and Assembly Drawings.
- Resolve Test Issues and Document Through the use of the PDCA Process.
- Planning and management of component and system-level validation testing.
- Test and certification report generation.
- Perform cross functional design reviews and Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Assessments on Components & Assemblies.
- Follow Textron Specialized Vehicles product development process and methods for tracking project status and open issues.
- Leads project elements and maintains frequent contact with other functional areas, contract engineering services and suppliers.
- Must be a “Hands On” Engineer – willing to build prototypes and work on vehicles as needed.
- UG or other CAD experience.
- Teamcenter or other CAD database tools.
- Visual Basic or other programming languages.
- Engineering analysis software, such as Matlab.
- Microsoft office products.
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering required.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Thief River Falls
Recruiting Company: Textron Specialized Vehicles