DescriptionAbout Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc.
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off RoadTM, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, DouglasTM, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
The Quality Engineer’s role is responsible for the overall Quality for assigned production parts. The Quality Engineer plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for inspection processes and materials.
- Conducts field audits and vendor evaluations.
- Investigates/reports on manufacturing and field problems as required from the PACT Team, Warranty, Service Parts and 1N Process.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Implements procedures in accordance with the Contract partner Certification Program. Provides statistical and graphical analysis of data.
- Maintains quality assurance objectives to maximize product reliability and minimize corm. in the following areas
- Field Failures,
- Scrap and Rework
- Job performance will be strongly measured in these areas. Individual is responsible for corrections in these areas as well as when quality results are below standards or management expectations.
- Facilitate the deployment of corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) in response to quality issues as well as customer complaints through the coordination of cross-functional team
Bachelor's degree Engineering and 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
LICENSE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
ASQ Certification as CQE, CQA, or CQM; Green/Black Belt preferred
- Regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Direct Reports: None
Travel Requirements: 10-30%
Relocation Benefits: TBD
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Job Field: Quality
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Thief River Falls
Recruiting Company: Textron Specialized Vehicles